Got questions about Duke? The Chronicle wants to hear them

For all of you with burning questions about Duke that you just can’t get answered, The Chronicle is launching a service to answer those questions.

Starting Monday, readers will be able to ask any Duke-related question they have on the Chronicle’s website at dukechronicle.com/page/chronquiry. Called Chronquiry, the initiative lets readers ask about anything “from Duke’s history to its current climate,” said Digital Strategy Director Likhitha Butchireddygari, a senior.

“We’re asking readers: ‘What about Duke are you curious about?’” she said. “We want to engage better with Chronicle readers by answering questions they’re interested in.”

In addition to asking questions, readers will also be able to vote on submitted questions. Once a voting period ends, questions with the most votes will be pitched to Chronicle reporters and answered in articles.

Butchireddygari will be in charge of implementing Chronquiry along with Investigations Editor Kenrick Cai, a senior.

"We're really excited to see the ways we can incorporate this into our newsroom and use it to better connect with the Duke community," Editor-in-Chief Bre Bradham, a junior, said.

Chronquiry will be powered by Hearken, a “public-powered journalism” digital platform service. The Chronicle’s general manager Chrissy Beck found out about this service about a year and a half ago when she met the co-founder at a social gathering. 

“One of our primary goals in our digital-first transformation is finding the best ways to engage audiences with our content, and developing new audiences as a result,” she explained. “I hope readers will start to really see themselves more fully in Chronicle coverage—that we are answering their questions and highlighting the issues of the day.”

Here is the submission form:

Jake Satisky profile
Jake Satisky | Editor-in-Chief

Jake Satisky is a Trinity senior and the digital strategy director for Volume 116. He was the Editor-in-Chief for Volume 115 of The Chronicle. 

Share and discuss “Got questions about Duke? The Chronicle wants to hear them” on social media.