Duke in the NBA: Redick carries Philadelphia to first playoff series victory in 15 years

<p>Redick scored 27 points against Miami in Philadelphia's series-clinching win Tuesday.&nbsp;</p>

Redick scored 27 points against Miami in Philadelphia's series-clinching win Tuesday. 

As the first round continues, the Blue Zone takes a look at three former Blue Devils who have been making noise in the 2018 NBA Playoffs.

Jayson Tatum, Boston Celtics 

With star teammates Kyrie Irving and Gordon Hayward out for the season, all eyes in Boston have been on rookie sensation Jayson Tatum. The former Blue Devil helped lead the Celtics to a 2-0 series lead in their first-round matchup against the Bucks, but Milwaukee was able to defend home court in Games 3 and 4 to tie the series up at two games apiece. Despite the results, Tatum shone once again, scoring 14 and 21 points while showcasing his highlight-reel offensive arsenal.

Boston took a 3-2 series lead Tuesday night with a win at home, a game in which Tatum struggled from the floor, shooting just 2-of-7 and scoring eight points. 

Jabari Parker, Milwaukee Bucks

After falling behind 2-0 in their first-round matchup with the Boston Celtics, Parker has played an integral role in their comeback to tie up the series. The once-injury-riddled forward scored just two points in Game 1 and none in Game 2, and voiced his frustration about his limited playing time to reporters. 

“I am human. I have a right to be frustrated," Parker told WISN. "I’ve waited two years for this.”

Evidently, Bucks interim head coach Joe Prunty took his complaints to heart, as Parker received 30 minutes in Game 3 and dropped 17 points on 7-of-12 shooting in a 116-92 demolition of the Celtics. The trend continued in Sunday’s game, as Parker scored another 16 points to go along with 7 rebounds in a 104-102 victory.

Parker continued his hot play Tuesday, scoring 17 points off the benc, but it wasn't enough to stop Boston from taking a 3-2 series lead. 

J.J. Redick, Philadelphia 76ers

Redick has been on fire, helping the 76ers win their first playoff series since 2003. 

A week after exploding for 28 points and four 3-pointers in the 76ers’ playoff opener against Justise Winslow and the Miami Heat, Redick scored 24 to help give Philadelphia the edge in 106-102 Game 4 victory before dropping 27 in a series-clinching victory Tuesday. Redick led the 76ers in scoring in three of those five first round games.

Philadelphia will face the winner of the Celtics-Bucks series for a chance to reach the Eastern Conference finals. 

Share and discuss “Duke in the NBA: Redick carries Philadelphia to first playoff series victory in 15 years” on social media.