U.S. News and World Report: Nursing DNP program stays No. 1, other programs drop in rankings

The latest U.S. News and World Report rankings for best graduate schools are in. Duke moved up... and down.

The School of Nursing master’s program was bumped from its number one ranking a year ago to number two by Johns Hopkins University. However, Duke's nursing school still maintained first place for its Doctor of Nursing Practice program. 

The Fuqua School of Business tied for 11th place with Yale University after ranking 12th last year. Fuqua also ranked fifth for executive MBA programs. 

The School of Medicine, however, fell from the seventh spot to 10th for research. Of the seven medical program and specialities ranked, Duke made it into the top five for three of them— anesthesiology, internal medicine and surgery. 

In addition, the School of Law dropped from 10th to a tie for the 11th spot with the Northwestern University Pritzker School of Law. Duke Law placed ninth for international law but did not rank in the top 10 for any of the other eight law specialties. 

According to U.S. News and World Report, the rankings “come from statistical surveys of more than 2,012 programs and from reputation surveys sent to more than 20,500 academics and professionals, conducted in fall 2017 and early 2018.” 

Share and discuss “U.S. News and World Report: Nursing DNP program stays No. 1, other programs drop in rankings” on social media.