2018 ACC tournament preview: No. 12 Boston College

Boston College Eagles: 17-14, 7-11 in the ACC

Head Coach: Jim Christian (4th season)

Players to Watch: Jerome Robinson (20.7 PPG, 3.7 RPG, 43.8 3PT%); Ky Bowman (16.9 PPG, 6.7 RPG, 4.8 APG); Jordan Chatman (13.1 PPG, 2.9 RPG).

Season Recap: With big upsets and several close losses in tough games, the Eagles’ season has been hard to predict. Their peak was a win at home against then-No. 1 Duke in their ACC opener, and Boston College seemed poised to have a strong season both overall and especially in a tough ACC conference. After a one-point loss on the road at then-No. 9 Virginia and a four-point loss to then-No. 25 Clemson, the Eagles had everyone thinking they were trending up after ending last season on a 15-game losing streak. 

But the team came back to earth when it got blown out 96-66 at North Carolina, and it went 6-8 the rest of the way, primarily taking care of business at home.

Junior guard Jerome Robinson and sophomore guard Ky Bowman led the team and put up big numbers in big games. The two combined for 54 points against the Blue Devils to cap off one of the biggest upsets of the year. Robinson also scored 46 points in a losing effort against Notre Dame and led the ACC in scoring on his way to first-team all-conference recognition at the end of the regular season.

How they make a run: Robinson continues scoring at an incredibly high clip and Bowman fills in as his sidekick, helping one of the better backcourts in the country past Georgia Tech and upsetting both N.C. State and Clemson before facing top-seeded Virginia in the semifinals.

Share and discuss “2018 ACC tournament preview: No. 12 Boston College” on social media.