Krzyzewskiville to reopen Friday at 11 p.m. for White Tenting, ending nine-day shutdown

Tenters will return to Krzyzewskiville Friday night for the start of White Tenting.

Krzyzewskiville will not be a ghost town for much longer.

Head line monitors David Duquette and Sara Constant wrote in an email to the K-ville Listserv Thursday afternoon that Larry Moneta, vice president for student affairs, is allowing K-ville to reopen Friday night at 11 p.m., ending an unprecedented nine consecutive days of grace due to a flu outbreak. The restart will coincide the start of White Tenting, when just two people in each group of 12 have to be in their tent during night hours and one has to be in K-ville throughout the day.

Since Black Tenting started Jan. 12, grace has been given for about half of the past four weeks due to the mid-January snowstorm and the flu epidemic. 

Thirty White Tenting groups will join the 70 tents already in K-ville beginning Friday night to get to full capacity at 100 tents. The White Tenting groups earned their places in line by solving a riddle revealing a "secret spot" Tuesday night at 9 p.m. and finding a line monitor at the Ronald McDonald House on Central Campus.

White Tenting will last for two weeks before two nights of personal checks, when all tenters must be present for three out of five checks called by the line monitors, and tenters will get the week off prior to the men's basketball game against North Carolina at Cameron Indoor Stadium March 3.

Share and discuss “Krzyzewskiville to reopen Friday at 11 p.m. for White Tenting, ending nine-day shutdown” on social media.