Grant Hill named Hall of Fame finalist, could become first former Blue Devil enshrined

Grant Hill could become the first Duke player ever to wind up in the Hall of Fame.

Duke has won five national championships, made 16 Final Fours and boasted countless National Players of the Year and No. 1 draft picks.

The only thing missing from the program's illustrious tradition is a player who became a Hall of Famer, but Grant Hill made it one step closer to that honor Saturday afternoon.

Hill was named one of 13 finalists for the Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame's 2018 class during the NBA's All-Star weekend. The finalists will be voted on by the Honors Committee, and the people selected to be enshrined in the Hall of Fame will be announced March 31 prior to the NCAA Final Four in San Antonio.

Hill played at Duke from 1990-94, winning national championships during his first two years in Durham and leading the Blue Devils to another appearance in the national title game as a senior. He earned National Defensive Player of the Year, ACC Player of the Year and first-team All-American honors during his college career.

After being drafted third overall to the Detroit Pistons in 1994, Hill was an All-Star in his first four seasons and earned first-team All-NBA recognition in 1997. Multiple ankle injuries cut his prime short, but he remained a meaningful contributor during an 18-year career for the Pistons, Orlando Magic, Phoenix Suns and Los Angeles Clippers that featured seven All-Star selections.

Hill now works as a broadcaster for CBS and is a part-owner of the Atlanta Hawks.

Share and discuss “Grant Hill named Hall of Fame finalist, could become first former Blue Devil enshrined” on social media.