Dean Steve Nowicki to step down in June

Duke announced Wednesday that Steve Nowicki, dean and vice provost for undergraduate education, will be stepping down June 30, from his current role to return full time to teaching and research in the department of biology. 

According to the Duke Today release, Provost Sally Kornbluth has formed a search committee—chaired by Leo Ching, associate professor of Asian and Middle Eastern studies—to find a new vice provost for undergraduate education. 

“Steve has been a fantastic colleague and dedicated leader who has been an advocate for creating programming and a campus environment to enhance the undergraduate experience,” Kornbluth said in the release. “His decision to return to teaching and research provides an opportunity for Duke to build on the work he and his team have done and the collaborations they have formed.”

Other committee members include Lisa Keister, Gilhuly Family professor of sociology; Lenhard Ng, Eads Family professor of mathematics; Kenneth Rogerson, associate professor of the practice at Sanford School of Public Policy; Joshua Sosin, associate professor of classical studies; Adrienne Stiff-Roberts, associate professor of electrical and computer engineering; Christopher Timmins, professor of economics; and Sue Wasiolek, associate vice president for student affairs and dean of students. 

Nominations of internal candidates and applications can be submitted to susan.booth@duke.edu by Feb. 16.

Share and discuss “Dean Steve Nowicki to step down in June” on social media.