Duke women's basketball 2017-18 player preview: Rebecca Greenwell

<p>Rebecca Greenwell will look to lead the Blue Devils in her senior campaign.</p>

Rebecca Greenwell will look to lead the Blue Devils in her senior campaign.

Rebecca Greenwell

• Year: Redshirt Senior
  • Height: 6-foot-1
  • Position: Guard
  • Last year’s Statline: 16.4 PPG, 6.4 RPG, 2.4 APG

Game Breakdown: Greenwell excels on all sides of the ball, matching sharpshooting capabilities with defensive intensity. She feeds off energy created by transition breaks and will commonly go coast-to-coast, tacking on an assist to another teammate if she does not finish the shot herself. Greenwell has developed into one of the Blue Devils’ most important defensive powers, jumping in passing lanes and rattling ball-handlers.

On the offensive side of the ball, Greenwell also excels. She has one of the highest three-point percentages in the NCAA overall, hitting almost 40% of her three-point attempts last season. She also has the most rebounds per game of anyone on the Duke squad. Greenwell is the cornerstone of the Blue Devils’ offensive efforts, working with guard Lexie Brown to tally around half of Duke’s points each contest.

Role on the Team: Greenwell has proved to be the heart of this Duke offense in her past four years as a Blue Devil, being a captain for the second year in a row.  With the graduation of both of Duke’s veteran post players, Oderah Chidom and Kendall Cooper, the Blue Devils will depend even more heavily on their guard play and Greenwell’s perimeter play will be even more important. Greenwell will also step into more of a defensive role this season, needing to fill the gap left by Kyra Lambert’s injury.

Projected Stats: 18.0 PPG, 7.2 RPG

Feel free to check out the other player previews for the 2017-18 Duke women's basketball team. Previous players previewed include Lexie Brown, Kyra Lambert, Jade Williams, Jayda Adams, Madison Treece, Mikayla Boykin, Emily Schubert,Leaonna Odom, Sofia Roma, Haley Gorecki, Faith Suggs, Erin Mathias and Bego Faz Davalos.

Share and discuss “Duke women's basketball 2017-18 player preview: Rebecca Greenwell” on social media.