Five-star Cameron Reddish becomes Duke's second Class of 2018 commitment

<p>Mike Krzyzewski continues to stay hot on the recruiting trail.</p>

Mike Krzyzewski continues to stay hot on the recruiting trail.

August treated Duke well in recruiting with the commitments of Tre Jones and Marvin Bagley III, and September has started out no differently.

Five-star small forward Cameron Reddish announced Friday night with a video for The Players' Tribune that he is committing to the Blue Devils, becoming the second member of Duke's 2018 recruiting class. Reddish is No. 3 overall in the ESPN 100, which would give the Blue Devils at least one top-three recruit for the sixth straight year if he does not drop in the rankings.

"I'm going somewhere that I can be challenged as a leader, challenged as a student, challenged to grow up on and off the court," Reddish said in the video.

The Norristown, Pa., native is the top small forward in the class and chose Duke ahead of Kentucky, UCLA, Connecticut and Villanova.

Reddish played for the U.S. U19 National Team at this summer's FIBA U19 World Cup, averaging double figures in scoring for a team that won the bronze medal. Earlier in the summer, Reddish dominated against other top recruits in the Nike EYBL, averaging 22.6 points and 7.8 rebounds per game.

A versatile wing that can play almost any position on the floor, Reddish could have a similar role as Jayson Tatum and Brandon Ingram in past years for Duke and will likely join current freshman Jordan Tucker as a potential impact small forward in 2018-19.

The Blue Devils already landed point guard Tre Jones—the younger brother of Tyus Jones—in Reddish's class, and they are still strongly in the mix for top 2018 recruit R.J. Barrett and five-star point guard Darius Garland. Star-studded recruiting classes are becoming a regularity for Duke in the one-and-done era, and next year is shaping up to provide more of the same.

Share and discuss “Five-star Cameron Reddish becomes Duke's second Class of 2018 commitment” on social media.