2016 Wake Forest football season preview

<p>Wake Forest will have to answer questions at quarterback and overcome a tough schedule in the ACC Atlantic Division to finish with a winning record.&nbsp;</p>

Wake Forest will have to answer questions at quarterback and overcome a tough schedule in the ACC Atlantic Division to finish with a winning record. 

2015 record: 3-9, 1-7 in the ACC (6th in Atlantic Division)

Head coach: Dave Clawson (3rd season)

Wake Forest has not had a winning season since 2008 and that trend is likely to continue in 2016 in a competitive Atlantic Division. Dave Clawson enters his third year as head coach of the Demon Deacons, but the program has a 6-18 record since his arrival.

The key question heading into the season for Wake Forest is who will be under center. Junior John Wolford has started most games for the Demon Deacons during the last two years, but was consistently challenged by Durham native Kendall Hinton last season. 

The duo battled it out for the starting job until Clawson named Wolford the starter last week. Regardless of who starts, the Wake Forest quarterback will face a daunting task, trying to turn around an offense that was one of the worst in the nation last season.

No matter who is under center, they will have a solid target in tight end Cam Serigne. The redshirt junior currently has 100 career receptions, which is just 44 catches shy of tying the ACC record for most receptions by a tight end held by former Virginia standout Heath Miller.

The defense was a bright spot for Wake Forest last season and the secondary should be a strong-spot for the Demon Deacons once again, with honorable mention All-ACC cornerback Brad Watson returning to Winston-Salem for his senior season.

Share and discuss “2016 Wake Forest football season preview” on social media.