The C2 is back: PTS adjusts bus schedule following student survey

<p>This year, the C2 service will run&nbsp;every 15-20 minutes, and the C5 route has been eliminated entirely.</p>

This year, the C2 service will run every 15-20 minutes, and the C5 route has been eliminated entirely.

The C2 bus route connecting all three campuses will be reinstated Aug. 22 after Parking and Transportation Services discontinued it last year in an effort to improve efficiency.

Last year, PTS replaced the C2: East-Central-West bus with two separate routes—the C4 connecting West to Central Campus and the C5 connecting Central to East Campus. After such changes were instituted last year, students said they experienced difficulties with prolonged waiting time, crowded bus stops and confusion over the new buses. PTS conducted a student survey of bus route preferences this summer and has announced that the C2 service will return with service every 15 to 20 minutes, the C4 bus will run only from 9:05 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. on weekdays and the C5 route has been eliminated entirely.

"This summer, we got an email from Parking and Transportation about how they were interested to see what students thought of the C4 and C5 or a new C2," said junior Courtney Scoufis, last year's Fix My Campus director. "There was great response on that post and I received several direct messages. The responses were in support of the C2." 

Alison Carpenter, PTS transit planner and transportation demand manager, wrote in an email that in addition to administering the survey to students, PTS also worked with Housing, Dining and Residential Life to "accommodate some shifts of Central Campus residents."

As the overhaul of Central Campus begins, seven student living groups are being relocated this year to sections on Oregon Street, Pace Street, Yearby Avenue and Swift Avenue.

As part of the other changes going in effect Aug. 22, buses going through Central Campus northbound to West Campus will travel up Oregon Street instead of Alexander Avenue, and buses moving southbound will travel down Alexander Avenue. This year, there will also be an expanded C3 service, which will make several additional trips between East Campus and Science Drive during the day.

Adam Beyer contributed reporting. 

Share and discuss “The C2 is back: PTS adjusts bus schedule following student survey ” on social media.