Duke in the NBA: Langdon lands assistant GM job; Winslow tweets FIFA battles

With the NCAA tournament almost upon us, a group of former Blue Devils that made names for themselves in March are doing the same in the association. 

Jabari Parker, Milwaukee Bucks 

Parker's recovery from his left ACL injury started slow as the former Duke star and his team didn't start the season as they hoped. But the forward's play has taken off in February and March with Parker not only showing his ability to score in multiple ways, but also flashing his highlight-reel athleticism: 

The Chicago native is averaging 20.2 points and 5.8 rebounds this month and has appeared increasingly comfortable with the system his team runs. The key for Parker going forward will be to keep his level of conditioning the same through the offseason and come back next year determined to lead the Bucks to the playoffs. 

Trajan Langdon, Brooklyn Nets 

No the 39-year old won't be making a return to the hardwood this season. But the former Blue Devil was named assistant general manager of the Brooklyn Nets Tuesday. Langdon recently served as the Cavaliers' director of player administration and basketball operations—his second run in Cleveland after playing for the team from 1999-2002. 

Langdon will work beside Sean Marks, who replaced Duke alum Billy King as the general manager of the team. Langdon previously worked with Marks as members of the San Antonio Spurs front office. 

Justise Winslow, Miami Heat 

After carrying the Blue Devils to a national championship around this time a year ago, Winslow has his sights set on the playoffs during his first season with the Heat. Although his team appears poised for a top-four seed, the former Blue Devil has been inconsistent as of late and is averaging only 4.7 points per contest in his last three games. 

With the NBA season slowly moving along, Winslow took to social media to what life on the road can be like when he live-tweeted his FIFA battles against teammate Josh Richardson. 

Jahlil Okafor, Philadelphia 76ers 

The center missed his fifth straight game Wednesday against the Rockets with a lingering right shin injury that appears to be more serious than originally expected. Okafor underwent a CT scan on his right knee Tuesday after feeling bit sore and it remains to be seen how long the rookie will remain on the bench. 

Rodney Hood, Utah Jazz 

After a strong first half of the season, Hood missed Wednesday's game against the Warriors with apparent back issues. The second-year professional had only been averaging 9.5 points in his four games prior to Wednesday as the Jazz have only won two of their last 10 contests. Hood is a game-time decision for his team's game Friday against the Wizards. 

J.J. Redick, Los Angeles Clippers 

The sharpshooter put up a pair of strong games this week as he recorded 22 points in each contest. Redick's play carried the Clippers to a double-digit win against the Mavericks Monday, but his solid showing was not enough to get the job done Wednesday against the Thunder. With forward Blake Griffin returning to the fold in the near future, it will be interesting to see how much the guard's production is affected. 

Share and discuss “Duke in the NBA: Langdon lands assistant GM job; Winslow tweets FIFA battles” on social media.