Australian forward Jack White commits to Duke basketball

A week after visiting Duke's campus, Australian swingman Jack White has found a new home with the Blue Devils. 

White committed to Duke late Thursday evening, joining a class headlined by forwards Harry Giles and Jayson Tatum. White becomes the fifth player in Duke's Class of 2016 along with forward Javin DeLaurier and guard Frank Jackson.

White's commitment was first reported by Evan Daniels of Scout.com.

The Blue Devils' incoming class ranked second in the nation prior to the addition of White. The forward is a three-star recruit according to 247Sports, but is not ranked in the 2016 ESPN 100. White becomes the first international player to commit to Duke since guard Olek Czyz, a freshman on the 2008-09 team. Redshirt sophomore Sean Obi—a Kaduna, Nigeria, native—transferred into the Blue Devil program after spending his freshman year at Rice.

White is considered a threat from beyond the arc and is capable of defending wings at the college level as well. Throughout his career in Australia, the 6-foot-6 forward has displayed his ability to rebound and finish above the rim.

The three-star recruit also held offers from Boise State and Albany before committing to Duke. 

Share and discuss “Australian forward Jack White commits to Duke basketball” on social media.