Stars shine at Duke's game against Georgia Tech

ATLANTA—Even without Duke head coach Mike Krzyzewski, the Blue Devils came away with an 80-71 win Tuesday night against Georgia Tech in front of a spectacle of stars.

The Yellow Jackets first introduced golfer Stuart Cink—a 1995 alumnus and the 2009 Open Champion—at halftime. After a fifth-year student failed to make a 94-foot, full-court putt for $25,000, Cink gave it a try and—yes—sunk it. 

Early in the second half, Georgia Tech introduced a slew of other professional athletes. Detroit Lions wide receiver Calvin Johnson received a roaring ovation, as the former Yellow Jacket wideout is rumored to be retiring this offseason after nine years in the league. Johnson has accumulated 731 receptions and 83 touchdowns to date in his career. 

New York Yankee first baseman Mark Teixeira—a former member of the Atlanta Braves—also received a warm welcome. The three-time All-Star won the Dick Howser Trophy—given to college baseball's player of the year—during his time at Georgia Tech in 2001 

Lastly, Atlanta Falcons wide receiver Roddy White made an appearance on the jumbotron in the second-half. The 34-year old is the Falcons all-time leader in receptions, receiving yards and touchdowns.

Share and discuss “Stars shine at Duke's game against Georgia Tech” on social media.