Class of 2016 recruit Jayson Tatum stars in 'This is Journalism'

<p></p>

Although future Blue Devil Jayson Tatum is better known for his smooth shooting stroke and versatility on the court, the St. Louis native is also quite the actor. 

In a spoof of ESPN's famous "This is SportsCenter" commercials produced by Tatum's journalism class, the high school senior at Chaminade College Preparatory School makes a grand entrance when "introduced" by his teacher during roll call.  

The five-star recruit has yet to take his first class at Duke, but when he does, it may be a journalism class. Earlier in the year, Tatum penned a blog post that included comments about how he has enjoyed his experience in journalism this year, especially the chance to see interviews from the opposite end of the spectrum. 

Former Blue Devil point guard Quinn Cook—who graduated from Duke with a degree in theater studies—tweeted his approval of Tatum's acting abilities.

Tatum—the second-ranked recruit in his class—is set to join the Blue Devils next fall along with top-ranked recruit Harry Giles, five-star recruit Frank Jackson and four-star recruit Javin DeLaurier in what could be one of Duke's most talented recruiting classes in program history. 

Share and discuss “Class of 2016 recruit Jayson Tatum stars in 'This is Journalism'” on social media.