The Chronicle Vol. 110 honored with Online Pacemaker

The Chronicle won the 2015 Online Pacemaker award, the highest honor given by the Associated Collegiate Press to online college student publications. 

Generally known as “the college press equivalent of the Pulitzer,” the award began in 1927 and has been given to student publications annually since then. The Chronicle was one of three newspapers in its category of newspapers with school enrollments of 10,001-20,000 to win the 2015 Online Pacemaker, with the others being the Stanford Daily and The Daily Orange, Syracuse University’s student paper.

College publications were judged based on the following criteria applied to content from March and April 2015—coverage and content, quality of writing and reporting, leadership, design, photography and graphics. According to the judges, it was the “powerful photography alongside blanket coverage of a charged racial incident” that elevated The Chronicle to being a recipient of the award.

Vol. 110 Editor-in-Chief Carleigh Stiehm and Vol. 110 News Editor Emma Baccellieri received the award on behalf of The Chronicle at the ACP/CMA Fall National College Media Convention in Austin, Texas, last weekend.

Share and discuss “The Chronicle Vol. 110 honored with Online Pacemaker” on social media.