Injury Report: Duke football vs. Pitt

Starting quarterback Thomas Sirk is listed as questionable on Duke's weekly injury report Thursday morning ahead of Saturday's Senior Day matchup against Pittsburgh.

PROBABLE

S Deondre Singleton (upper body)

QUESTIONABLE

QB Thomas Sirk (upper body)

OUT

RB Shaun Wilson (leg)

OUT FOR SEASON

LB Kelby Brown (leg)

CB Bryon Fields (leg)

DT Zach Morris (leg)

OG Cody Robinson (upper body)

DE Taariq Shabazz (leg)

Breakdown: Sirk's availability presents a major question mark for the Blue Devils under center. The Glen St. Mary, Fla., native leads Duke in both passing yards and rushing yards, and has been a leader for head coach David Cutcliffe's squad as the Blue Devils have endured a difficult two weeks. If Sirk is unable to go, the spotlight will shift to backup Parker Boehme, who has played well in mop-up duty but has not taken a large number of important snaps against an ACC defense this season.

Wilson will miss his second straight game after being held out of last weekend's contest at North Carolina. Shaquille Powell and Jela Duncan combined for 213 yards on the ground in his absence, so look for that duo to continue to get the bulk of the carries, which become all the more important if Sirk is unable to go.

Singleton was injured during the 66-31 loss to the Tar Heels, and his absence left Duke with multiple reserves on the preseason depth chart seeing game action against North Carolina. North Carolina quarterback Marquise Williams finished the day with 494 passing yards, so a healthy Singleton will be critical in the Blue Devils' efforts to slow down Pittsburgh's top wide receiver, Tyler Boyd, who surpassed the 100-yard threshold in each of his two previous encounters with defensive coordinator Jim Knowles' defense.

Share and discuss “Injury Report: Duke football vs. Pitt” on social media.