SPORTSWRAP: Sendhome Edition

The Chronicle's annual summer sendhome issue hits stands today and should arrive in homes this week, but all of the content can also be accessed below. A link to the electronic version of the print edition can be viewed on our issuu page here.

Generic Script

A national epidemic: Tommy John surgeries at Duke part of larger trend: In the past 13 months, three Duke pitchers underwent Tommy John surgery, an increasingly common elbow procedure in younger arms. The Chronicle examines the risk factors and recovery process for Tommy John and a potential solution developed by a former Blue Devil hurler.

Fighting human nature: Duke preps for title defense: Fresh off the program’s fifth national title, Amile Jefferson and his men’s basketball teammates must fight human nature this summer to get ready for a repeat bid with a newly-configured roster.

Stevens set to follow Williams as next post standout: For women’s basketball head coach Joanne P. McCallie, dominant center Elizabeth Williams has moved on to the WNBA, but sophomore Azura Stevens could fill the void.

Duke taking steps to prepare for softball in 2018: Ever wondered what it takes to start a varsity sport? Duke will begin competing in softball in spring 2018.

Time for Duke football to get lucky: Senior columnist Nick Martin looks ahead to the Duke football season as the Blue Devils look to replace key contributors in their quest for an elusive bowl victory.

Wallace Wade renovations on track as Cameron Indoor addition begins: The Chronicle sits down with Duke vice president and director of athletics to discuss progress on Wallace Wade Stadium renovations, the beginnings of the Cameron Indoor Stadium addition, the connecting Blue Devil Plaza and other construction updates.

Krzyzewski, McCallie embrace rule changes: Duke basketball head coaches Mike Krzyzewski and Joanne P. McCallie discuss rule changes to college basketball approved in early June, including a 30-second shot clock for the men’s game and a switch to four quarters in the women’s game designed to promote quicker, more exciting action.

Share and discuss “SPORTSWRAP: Sendhome Edition” on social media.