Editor's note

Dear Readers,

As Summer Session I begins today, so too does summer production for The Chronicle. In the past, this involved weekly print sections, in addition to consistent work on the send-home paper we mail to every student during the summer.

However, this summer marks the start of an exciting change for The Chronicle—we will no longer be printing weekly in the summer. Instead, we are going to push as much of our content online as possible, a move that foreshadows a likely period of transition for our newspaper and student newspapers around the country.

As a result, rather than looking for news on stands around campus or on issuu this summer, you can find our latest News and Sports content on our website, which we will be updating every day during the week with our latest coverage. Starting tomorrow, there will also be at least one new column posted to our website in the Opinion section for the duration of the first summer session, which ends June 22. Our policies regarding Letters to the Editor and Guest Columns will remain the same.

As we try to more effectively present online content this summer and position ourselves for the future, our social media presence will be even more important for readers to keep an eye on the latest content. Follow us on Twitter @DukeChronicle, @chroniclesports and @dukebasketball and like our Duke Chronicle Facebook page for all stories that in past summers would have gone in weekly print editions.

Another tool we will use to share our work digitally this summer is our email newsletter, which will be sent every Thursday with our latest content attached.

While we generate content online, we will still be working on this year's send-home publication—which will keep the same format and include the first Towerview and Recess sections of Volume 111. All Duke students should receive the send-home issue in the mail the week of June 15.

Amrith Ramkumar

Editor-in-Chief, The Chronicle

Share and discuss “Editor's note” on social media.