Recruiting Roundup: All eyes on Ingram as announcement nears

We'll start this week with Brandon Ingram—who will make his much anticipated decision tonight at 6:10 p.m. at Kinston High School Gymnasium.

Twitter Tweet

Long believed to be deciding between Duke and UNC, Ingram appears to have taken note of dark horses Kansas and Kentucky as he prepares to make his decision.

Twitter Tweet

Twitter Tweet

Interestingly, Kansas is the only Adidas School of the group. Ingram’s AAU team—Stackhouse Elite—is one of Adidas’ premier programs and head coach Jerry Stackhouse has been a committed member of the Adidas family for a few years now. When keeping the importance of Ingram's brand in mind, it is not unfeasible to imagine Ingram leaving the state and donning Jayhawk blue next season.

Switching gears, Class of 2016 target Harry Giles celebrated his birthday this week and for the second consecutive year, the Blue Devils coaches were in attendance.

Twitter Tweet

The five-star power forward is one of Duke's biggest targets for what could potentially be a historic recruiting class next season. Giles also took the court in front of the Blue Devils staff and scored 12 points to go along with 10 boards in a loss for Team CP3 in a Nike EYBL matchup against the Georgia Stars.

Talented 2016 small forward Jayson Tatum was also in action this weekend, scoring 20 points and adding nine boards in a loss for his St. Louis Eagles. Despite the loss, Tatum didn't forget to take time out to wish his good friend Giles a happy birthday. The two have long rumored to be part of an incredible package—reminiscent of Jahlil Okafor and Tyus Jones for Duke fans.

Taking a quick look into the Class of 2017, Blue Devil target Austin Wiley has a partially torn left patella and will miss extended time as he undergoes surgery. Wiley was playing for the Alabama Challenge before the injury.

That’s all for this week’s recruiting roundup. Be sure to check back with the Blue Zone as we break down Brandon Ingram’s announcement and continue to bring you your recruiting news.

Share and discuss “Recruiting Roundup: All eyes on Ingram as announcement nears” on social media.