Letter to the Editor

A Word of Thanks

Anyone who has stepped out for an early breakfast on the morning after LDOC knows that the main quad is generally a horrid sight. However, you probably do not realize that our lecture halls would look pretty similar after a week of classes if not for the diligent work of the staff that keeps Duke University in top shape. Over the past few years, I have rushed from class to lab, lab to the gym, the gym to the library and the library to my dorm without paying mind to the fact that each of those environments is meticulously maintained. In all our running around, it is easy to only focus on ourselves and forget that we are supported, every single day, by a team of quiet but oh-so-vital staff members that take care of our basic needs.

So I would like to take the chance to say “Thank You." Thank you, Duke University staff from all departments, for letting me roll out of bed and into a clean shower. Thank you for the 500+ rides between East and West Campus. Thank you for grabbing that water bottle I absentmindedly left in lecture. Thank you for having breakfast ready to go so I can make it to my 8:30 class on time. Thank you for all the things you do—I could not think of them all if I tried—to let me enjoy every minute of my time at Duke. Most of all, thank you for being such wonderful people while doing all those things.

Oh! And thank you for tolerating that ridiculous mess we make after LDOC.

Keshov Sharma is a Trinity senior.

Share and discuss “Letter to the Editor” on social media.