Club Sports endorses Albert

The Duke Club Sports Executive Board strongly endorses Tucker Albert for the position of DSG President. From the executive board of the second largest student-based organization on campus, we highly recommend Tucker Albert for this position based on his understanding of the inner workings of Duke Athletics and his drive to integrate club sports with the general student body.

This past year, Tucker established Devil’s Gate. This endeavor to increase student attendance at Duke Football games showed his success in leadership. He helped to increase student attendance at football games by 40 percents by providing prizes for the largest attending groups. Club Sports ultimately earned financial prizes for member merchandise because of Tucker’s Devil’s Gate.

Behind closed doors, Tucker has always advocated for Club Sports, since he comes from a background in athletics. He was a member of Duke Club Soccer, and understands the culture and resources that a student athlete requires. This familiarity with athletics will help shape his policy ideas relating to athletics in a positive fashion. He is one of three undergraduate students serving on the Athletic Council, where he has a direct connection with Duke Athletics administrators.

Tucker plans to utilize the $103,000 surplus DSG fund. Most notably, he plans to use this fund for large groups like Club Sports. He hopes to integrate club sports members with the rest of the student body by establishing a fan base for club teams, and the Duke Club Sports Executive Board feels strongly that he is capable of ensuring this happens.

The position of DSG President provides a medium for Duke students to voice their opinion in order to make positive and impactful changes to our university. The Duke Club Sports Executive Board believes that Tucker Albert will have a significant influence at Duke University, and fully supports him in his efforts to create a great Duke community.

Dominic LaBella

Trinity ‘16

President, Duke University Club Sports

Share and discuss “Club Sports endorses Albert” on social media.