Fans unable to attend 2015 Duke Football Spring Game at Brooks Practice Facility

The Duke Football annual Spring Game has almost always been held in Wallace Wade Stadium with thousands of fans on hand to watch, but this season bulldozers and wrecking balls are making things complicated.

In a press release sent to the media Tuesday morning, the program announced that this year's Spring Game will be held on Saturday February 28 at 10 a.m. at Brooks Practice Facility, but will not be open to the public. However, the good news for fans is that game will be broadcasted on ESPN3 and WatchESPN.

“We’re excited that our fans will be able to watch the game on ESPN3,” Duke head coach David Cutcliffe said in the press release. “Obviously, we’d love to everyone to be able to attend, but we’re extremely limited with seating space at the practice facility. We are thankful for everyone’s patience as we transform Wallace Wade Stadium into a spectacular venue for Duke football.”

The announcement of the Spring Game's location change comes as Wallace Wade Stadium undergoes a series of multi-million dollar renovations that commenced immediately following the team's 41-21 win against Wake Forest in its final regular season game of 2014. On Monday, The Chronicle was present when construction equipment tore down the Finch Yeager Building, which previously served as the stadium's press box in addition to the school's Sports Medicine center.

Following a 9-4 campaign last season that culminated with a 36-31 loss in the Hyundai Sun Bowl, the Blue Devils return 15 starters heading into the 2015 season and recently inked a top 50 incoming recruiting class. Duke will open the season on Thursday September 3 when it travels to New Orleans to face Tulane.

Share and discuss “Fans unable to attend 2015 Duke Football Spring Game at Brooks Practice Facility” on social media.