Mi Gente endorses Jacob Tobia for Young Trustee

Mi Gente, Duke’s Latino student association, enthusiastically endorses Jacob Tobia for Young Trustee. After meeting with all three candidates, we believe that Tobia would be a powerful addition to the Board of Trustees. Throughout his time at Duke, Tobia has been a vocal activist in realms that Duke had not even conceived of before, including gender-neutral housing, endowment transparency and financial aid assistance for undocumented and international students. We believe that Tobia’s passion for social progress, unique perspective and desire to hear students from different groups on campus will translate to effective and efficient communication between current Duke students and the Board of Trustees.

Along with our belief that Tobia will be able to effectively articulate and voice his opinions to the Boards of Trustee, Mi Gente believes that Tobia’s exposure and relationships to Duke administration and members of the Board of Trustees will allow him to serve the position productively. As the voice of many students during his time at Duke, Mi Gente believes that Jacob Tobia will continue to play this role and improve the Duke experience for all students if chosen for Young Trustee.

Karina Santellano, Trinity ’15, and Walter Solorzano, Trinity ’15
Co-Presidents, Mi Gente

Share and discuss “Mi Gente endorses Jacob Tobia for Young Trustee” on social media.