Duke Partnership for Service endorses Tobia for Young Trustee

Duke Partnership for Service would like to announce our endorsement of Jacob Tobia for the position of undergraduate Young Trustee in the 2014 election. After hearing from all three final candidates, we believe Jacob's platform and goals align with what we think would be best for our organization and this campus as a whole. During his time at Duke, Jacob has demonstrated a willingness to listen to students and lead successful campaigns and endeavors.

His work on the Business and Finance Committee of the Board of Trustees has provided him with a broad knowledge base and familiarity with Duke's numerous student organizations and yearly operational plans. Moreover, he has exhibited his dedication towards a cause through his work for endowment transparency with DukeOpen, which took the better part of a year to formulate, advocate and create. Jacob also has experience collaborating with multiple student groups through his proposal for gender neutral living, which incorporated interests and gained endorsement from a broad range of students on campus.

Jacob plans to stay in touch with active students, as to fill the role of Young Trustee as a representative of the undergraduate vision on campus, through open forums and meetings for discussion. Most importantly, we believe Jacob is someone who will stand up for what he believes and make his voice heard—which is an incredibly important quality in a group as accomplished and powerful as our Board of Trustees. This especially applies to Jacob's willingness to advocate for student groups which may not be the largest or most well-known but still have a vital role as exploratory, advocacy and engagement institutions for students, which many of the service organizations at Duke fall under. We believe he will be a highly successful Young Trustee, and we are proud to endorse him.

Executive Board

Duke Partnership of Service

Share and discuss “Duke Partnership for Service endorses Tobia for Young Trustee” on social media.