For Duke-North Carolina basketball, it doesn't get cheaper

With snow coming down in the Triangle, Tobacco Road became that much more treacherous.

Between that and an unranked Tar Heel team: Tickets to tonight's Duke-North Carolina game don't get any cheaper.

As of last night, the average price to get into the 9 p.m. contest at the Dean E. Smith Center was $332, the cheapest since at least the 2010-11 season, according to Will Flaherty, communications director of SeatGeek.com, a website that gathers secondary market ticket data. Each of the last three meetings in Chapel Hill drew average ticket prices of at least $400.

Today, the cheapest ticket is down to $75, cheaper than the $83 low point from last night, Flaherty said. The cheapest ticket for any ACC game at Cameron Indoor Stadium this season—which has included weaker opponents such as Wake Forest and Georgia Tech—has been $80. As of this morning, there were 33 ticket listings for tickets for less than $80 for tonight's game.

Flaherty noted that even though the snowstorm has likely driven down prices, they were already cheaper than usual to begin with.

Yaroslav Merkulov, a Duke senior, and two fellow Duke students are using the cheap tickets as an opportunity to get into tonight's contest. The trio bought three tickets this morning in the Dean Dome's Section 221 for $75 each.

"I've been to a Duke-UNC game in Cameron and figured I'd have to give it a try at Carolina. This seemed like the best opportunity for that," Merkulov said in a text message to The Chronicle Monday.

Merkulov added that he's not nervous about the snow.

"I drive a Jeep and I'm from upstate New York and Russia," he wrote. "This isn't a bad snow."

Share and discuss “For Duke-North Carolina basketball, it doesn't get cheaper” on social media.