D-League life with Seth Curry: All-Star Weekend

“It was a great honor," Curry said. "I’ve been playing pretty well this year. It’s great to be honored by the coaches and the D-League to select me as an All-Star. I was excited to go down there and take in the whole experience of New Orleans.”

Generic Script

“I didn’t see Kyrie [Irving], but I talked to Miles and Mason down there," Curry said. "I actually sat next to them for a while at the Saturday night festivities on All-Star weekend. It was fun to catch up with them and talk to them about it. I mean, it’s always fun to see old friends and old teammates.”

Watching his former teammates and other rookies and sophomores with and against whom Curry thrived while at Duke did not evoke any sense of jealousy. He was simply focused on his next move, just as always.

Perhaps better than playing in the All-Star Game with his teammates and catching up with his old Duke pals was spending All-Star weekend with his family. Although Curry said the family was in town to see Stephen play Saturday and Sunday night in NBA All-Star festivities, Seth Curry was the center of attention for his family Saturday afternoon.

“It was a lot of fun," Curry said of being with his family. "We don’t get the chance to get together a lot as a family, so when everyone was there in New Orleans to support Steph it was a good opportunity and it was just another added thing to see me play. It was actually the first time my parents had seen me play in the D-League."

After the younger Curry played in the afternoon, the two older Curry men took the court Saturday night. Steph and father Dell, a former NBA player, teamed up with WNBA guard Becky Hammon in the Sears Shooting Stars competition, but failed to make it past the first round. Steph Curry took the stage again Saturday in the Foot Locker 3-Point Contest as one of the favorites, yet came up short of earning hardware again.

Generic Script

“I don’t know man," Curry said when asked if he could have bested his brother on Saturday night. "He did a pretty good job representing the team in the All-Star Game, being the captain of the team during Saturday night. I don’t think I’ve ever done a 3-point contest in my life, so who knows. But hopefully I’ll get the opportunity."

In the All-Star Game itself, Curry more than held his own. Coming off the bench for the losing Futures team, Curry scored 10 points, handed out seven assists and grabbed four rebounds. Despite playing at the epicenter of the basketball world in front of countless NBA executives who could hand him his next contract, Curry didn't change his approach for the All-Star Game.

“Everyday I have the same mindset," Curry said. "If I had changed my mindset during that game or just played any harder then I’d have been cheating myself all year long. I feel like I’ve played well all year so I don’t have to change when I’m on the big stage."

Although Curry's All-Star performance didn't earn him a promotion just yet, a number of other All-Stars have been signed. Armstrong was signed by the Golden State Warriors, Dedmon is now a member of the Orlando Magic, James Varnado has inked with the Chicago Bulls, Arinze Onuaku has been signed by the Cleveland Cavaliers, and Deandre Liggins is the newest member of the Miami Heat. Pierre Jackson has been signed by Fenerbahce Ulker of the Turkish league, as he cannot be signed by any NBA team other than the New Orleans Pelicans.

NBA contract or not, Curry had an All-Star weekend to remember.

“It was a great experience, my first time going to All-Star Weekend, being in New Orleans, seeing the coaches there, being there with family and everything like that," Curry said. "It was a great experience and something I’ll always remember.

Share and discuss “D-League life with Seth Curry: All-Star Weekend” on social media.