Recruiting spotlight: Ivan Rabb

More than six months before his 17th birthday, Ivan Rabb is starting to realize what it means to be in the spotlight as the nation's top recruit. But to combat the pressures associated with elite-level basketball, the Oakland, Calif. native—currently ranked the No. 1 player in the Class of 2015 by ESPN—is trying to downplay his spot atop his recruiting class.

"When it first happened I was excited, but I realized it was a just a stepping stone to what I want to do in the future," Rabb said. "I'm not cocky about it or anything. I don't even bring it up to my friends or anybody. All it does is add a bigger target to your back, so I'm just making sure I perform."

Rabb said he has begun to hear from Duke head coach Mike Krzyzewski in the last few weeks. He indicated last week at the Nike Global Challenge that a scholarship offer could be coming from the Blue Devils soon.

Here's a breakdown of Rabb's game, plus highlights and interview clips from the Nike Global Challenge in Washington D.C. Rabb averaged 10.3 points, 6.5 rebounds and 2.5 blocks per game for the tournament, helping his USA West squad win the championship.

Youtube Player

Take a look at all of the top plays from last week's Nike Global Challenge, which pitted the world's top high school basketball talent against one another.

Youtube Player

Share and discuss “Recruiting spotlight: Ivan Rabb” on social media.