Recruiting spotlight: Grayson Allen

Grayson Allen is already committed to attend Duke in the fall of 2014, but don't tell him his work is close to done. As the July live evaluation period draws to a close, Allen will shift his focus to his senior season at the Providence School. With five Division I players on the Providence roster, Allen believes his team is poised to repeat as state champions. A final season of high school basketball will also give Allen an opportunity to continue to improve his game.

"More consistency on my shooting is one of the things. I've had games where I'm really hot and games where I'm really cold, so I'm trying to balance that out," Allen said. "Also transitioning into a point guard and being able to handle the ball better, so I can play there at the next level. Also becoming a really good on-ball defender—I want to really pick up the defense."

We broke down Allen's game and spoke with him about his future at Duke and what the coming months may mean for the Blue Devils as the recruiting frenzy continues.

Youtube Player

Highlights of Allen at the 2013 Nike Global Challenge, where he averaged 16.0 points, 2.8 rebounds and 2.0 assists per game, shooting 59 percent from the floor and 55 percent from 3-point range.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tk7HgTwtQ9Q&feature=youtu.be

Share and discuss “Recruiting spotlight: Grayson Allen” on social media.