2013 NBA Draft live updates

Welcome to The Chronicle’s live coverage of the 2013 NBA Draft. We’ll be providing up-to-the-minute coverage on everything going on here, particularly news related to Mason Plumlee, Ryan Kelly and Seth Curry.

Plumlee is projected to be drafted somewhere in the middle of the first round. Kelly and Curry are hoping to be selected in the second round.

12:20 a.m.— The 2013 NBA Draft has come to a close. Mason Plumlee is a Brooklyn Net, Ryan Kelly is a Los Angeles Laker and Seth Curry is a free agent. Four ACC players were selected in the first round and seven were taken total. -BC

11:55 p.m.— With the 52nd pick in the draft the Minnesota Timberwolves selected Lorenzo Brown from N.C. State. Brown has the size to play either guard spot, but the back court in Minnesota is crowded. There are still a number of ACC alumnus hoping to hear their names called before the night comes to a close. -BC

11:50 p.m.— Immediately after Kelly was selected, the Chicago Bulls selected Erik Murphy, the brother of Duke forward Alex Murphy. Erik, like Kelly, is a stretch-4 who may see immediate playing time as a rookie. -BC

11:45 p.m.— The Los Angeles Lakers, selecting No. 48 overall, have chosen Ryan Kelly. Kelly will fit beautifully into head coach Mike D'Antoni's system as a stretch-4 who can open the middle for Pau Gasol or Dwight Howard, should he re-sign. D'Antoni worked with Duke head coach Mike Krzyzewski on USA Basketball. Kelly could see immediate playing time for the Lakers this season. -BC

11:37 p.m.— With the 46th pick in the draft, Virginia Tech's Erick Green has been selected by the Denver Nuggets. Green is the first ACC alumnus selected since Reggie Bullock was taken No. 25 by the Los Angeles Clippers. -BC

11:24 p.m.—We are 10 picks into the second round, but no ACC player has been taken yet. Glen Rice Jr., formerly of Georgia Tech, was selected with the 35th pick in the draft. -BC

11:07 p.m.—Reports say that the Brooklyn Nets and Boston Celtics have agreed in principle to the rumored Kevin Garnett and Paul Pierce trade. Mason Plumlee, the Nets' first round pick in 2013, will fight for bench minutes behind Garnett and Brook Lopez with whoever else the Nets add this summer. Kevin Humphries and Reggie Evans, both front court player, are reportedly heading to the Celtics.-BC

11:00 p.m.—As David Stern steps aside after 30 years of being commissioner of the NBA, Duke alumnus Adam Silver has takes the reigns. Silver will announce the picks for the second round this season, and the first round for the foreseeable future starting in 2014. -BC

10:55 p.m.— The first round of the NBA Draft is over. ACC alumnus hoping to hear their names called include Virginia Tech's Erick Green, N.C. State's C.J. Leslie, Richard Howell and Lorenzo Brown, and Duke's Ryan Kelly and Seth Curry. -BC

10:17 p.m.— The Los Angeles Clippers have selected North Carolina's Reggie Bullock with the No. 25 pick in the first round. Bullock is considered an NBA-ready 3-point shooter who should see plenty of good looks from beyond the arc with defenses focused on Chris Paul and Blake Griffin. Bullock is the final ACC alumnus who was expected to be taken in the first round. -BC

9:59 p.m.— The Nets' general manager is former Blue Devil Billy King. Though he didn't get drafted by Atlanta's Danny Ferry, a Duke alumni came through and selected Plumlee after all. -BC

9:55 p.m.— The Brooklyn Nets have selected Mason Plumlee with the No. 22 pick in the 2013 NBA Draft. Plumlee will provide Brooklyn with an NBA-ready body up front to go with standout center Brook Lopez. The Nets are in talks to acquire Kevin Garnett from the Boston Celtics, which will directly influence how much playing time Plumlee will get in his rookie season. Plumlee is not expected to be flipped to the Celtics in this trade. Until the dust settles on the potential Brooklyn-Boston trade, Plumlee's 2013 forecast is foggy. -BC

9:50 p.m.— The Minnesota Timberwolves, who acquired the No. 21 pick earlier tonight, has selected Louisville center Gorgui Dieng. Dieng, a player who is expected to be an immediate contributor on defense, is a different type of player from Plumlee, a guy whose best quality is his athleticism. Plumlee, France's Rudy Gobert and Kansas' Jeff Withey are the top bigs remaining. -BC

9:43 p.m.— The Chicago Bulls, another team who reportedly really liked Mason Plumlee, has passed on the Duke big man in favor of wing player Tony Snell from new Mexico. Plumlee is an option for the Timberwolves and Nets with the next two picks. -BC

9:29 p.m.— The Dallas Mavericks, now selecting at No. 18 after making two trades, have taken Miami point guard Shane Larkin. Larkin is the second ACC player selected in the draft, joining Alex Len who went to the Phoenix Suns at No. 5. Reggie Bullock and Mason Plumlee are the other ACC players who are projected to be taken in the first round. -BC

9:23 p.m.— With their second pick of the first round, the Hawks selected point guard Dennis Schroeder from Germany. Schroeder is in a tier of guards with ACC alumni Shane Larkin. Mason Plumlee is the top big man remaining in the draft by many accounts, but the number of teams looking for centers are dwindling. -BC

9:17 p.m.— The Atlanta Hawks, a team who is rumored to like Mason Plumlee very much, has reportedly traded up from No. 18 to No. 16 and has selected center Lucas Nogueira from Brazil. Plumlee could be taken at No. 17 by the Hawks, but it seems unlikely with Nogueira in the fold. -BC

8:59 p.m.— The Boston Celtics have reportedly traded with the Dallas Mavericks to acquire the No. 13 pick and have selected Kelly Olynyk. With two big men being drafted consecutively, the second tier of big men is dwindling quickly. -BC

8:51 p.m.— The Oklahoma City Thunder select Pittsburgh's Steven Adams with the No. 12 pick in the draft. The Thunder were one of the teams expected to select a big man, meaning things are still on track for Olynyk, Nogueira and Plumlee to be selected in the middle of the round. -BC

8:37 p.m.—The Minnesota Timberwolves selected Michigan point guard Trey Burke, but have traded him to the Utah Jazz for picks No. 14 and 21. The Jazz were in the market for big men, signaling more bad news for Olynyk, Adams, Nogueira and Plumlee. The Timberwolves may look to take a big man themselves however, as starting center Nikola Pekovic is a free agent. -BC

8:27 p.m.—The Detroit Pistons select Kentavious Caldwell-Pope with the No. 8 pick. Caldwell-Pope, a wing player with a strong 3-point shot, seems to be direct competition for former Blue Devil Kyle Singler, who started on the wing in Detroit for much of the season. -BC

8:25 p.m.—Reports say Nerlens Noel is being traded to the Philadelphia 76ers with a 2014 first round pick for All-Star point guard Jrue Holiday. The 76ers, who pick 11th in this year's draft, will presumably no longer be looking at a big man and will instead target a point guard to replace Holiday. That means the bigs could all slip now. -BC

https://twitter.com/WojYahooNBA/status/350408481330831360

8:13 p.m.—Finally, the New Orleans Pelicans select Nerlens Noel. Noel will be united with another Kentucky big man, Anthony Davis, joining a young core that also includes former Blue Devil Austin Rivers. With Noel and Len finally off the board, the next tier of big men include Gonzaga's Kelly Olynyk, Pittsburgh's Steven Adams, Brazil's Lucas Nogueira and Mason Plumlee. -BC

8:07 p.m.—The Phoenix Suns make Maryland center Alex Len the first ACC player taken in the 2013 draft. Other ACC alumni expected to be drafted in the first round include Miami's Shane Larkin, North Carolina's Reggie Bullock and Duke's own Mason Plumlee. Meanwhile, projected No. 1 pick Nerlens Noel continues to slide. -BC

7:59 p.m.—The Charlotte Bobcats select Cody Zeller, brother of North Carolina alumni Tyler Zeller, instead of taking either Alex Len or Nerlens Noel. With a big man being selected instead of a guard, Mason Plumlee's stock shouldn't change considerably. -BC

7:52 p.m.—With Victor Oladipo and Otto Porter Jr. taken with the No. 2 and 3 picks in the draft, the two men who were reportedly fighting for the top spot in the draft—Len and Noel—are still waiting to hear their names called. The Charlotte Bobcats are now on the clock. -BC

7:45 p.m.—With Bennet the first pick in the draft, virtually every mock draft has been blown up. There is no telling what will happen the rest of the way. It's currently unclear what this may mean for Mason Plumlee's draft stock. -BC

7:42 p.m.—And with the first pick in the 2013 NBA Draft, the Cleveland Cavaliers select UNLV's Anthony Bennet! There was very little discussion of Bennet going with the first pick before the stunning decision. There is still a chance that the Cavs could trade the pick even though it's been made. -BC

7:34 p.m.—The Cleveland Cavaliers are now on the clock, and we still have no idea who will be taken with the first overall pick. Maryland's Alex Len and Kentucky's Nerlens Noel are the most likely options to be Kyrie Irving's newest teammate. -BC

7:15 p.m.—We are just 15 minutes away from the start of what promises to be a wild NBA Draft. With every pick from No. 1 to No. 60 available for trade, we are all but assured to see a lot of shuffling from teams looking to nab their preferred player. -Bobby Colton

Share and discuss “2013 NBA Draft live updates” on social media.