The Blue Devils are not going down to Georgia.
The second-seeded Blue Devils fell 85-63 to top-seeded Louisville in the Elite Eight.
This week's Sportswrap, The Chronicle's weekly sports supplement, shows the Cardinals celebrating and holding the jersey of Kevin Ware, who left the game in the first half with a gruesome compound fracture in his knee.
Here are all the stories after a busy weekend for Duke sports:
- "Win this for me," Kevin Ware told his teammates after the leg injury that forced him to have immediate surgery and get taken off the court in a stretcher. Read the emotional story of how the Cardinals rallied behind their injured teammate.
- Nobody wanted this Duke basketball season to end with this cast and crew. Columnist Tom Gieryn captures the final moments after the game.
- Duke women's basketball reached the Elite Eight with a 53-45 win against Nebraska. The second-seeded Blue Devils take on No. 1 seed Notre Dame Tuesday for a shot at the Final Four.
- The win for Duke women's basketball wasn't pretty, but that's alright for them.
- Duke lacrosse squeaked past Harvard 12-11 even though the Crimson had a late chance to tie.
- A fiery Henrique Cunha led Duke men's tennis past Florida State.
- Duke women's tennis swept Virginia and Virginia Tech.
- Duke women's golf finished a disappointing ninth at the Bryan National Collegiate.
Get The Chronicle straight to your inbox
Signup for our weekly newsletter. Cancel at any time.