It was difficult for Duke fans to count down the days until Ryan Kelly's return—after all, nobody quite knew when that might be.
And in Kelly's return to action—for the first time since reinjuring his foot Jan. 8 against Clemson—he scored a career-high 36 points to lead the No. 3 Blue Devils past No. 5 Miami 79-76 at Cameron Indoor Stadium.
This week's Sportswrap—The Chronicle's weekly sports supplement—honors Kelly, a.k.a. "The White Raven," a nickname he was given in reference to his high school, Ravenscroft. It also plays off former North Carolina star Harrison Barnes' nickname, "The Black Falcon."
That story and these others are in this week's edition of Sportswrap:
- 'Club Cameron' was bumping in Duke's win against Miami because Kelly's return, continuing the loud atmosphere that has been present at Cameron Indoor Stadium all season.
- The Duke women's basketball team finished its season with a win against North Carolina, taking down the Tar Heels 65-58 at Cameron Indoor Stadium. As the last home game of the season, Allison Vernerey—the team's lone senior, was honored.
- Alexis Jones starred for Duke in the win against North Carolina, continuing to step up in Chelsea Gray's absence.
- Duke lacrosse's early season woes continued this weekend, getting routed by No. 1 Maryland 16-7 at Koskinen Stadium. The Blue Devils are now 2-4 on the year.
- Towson rallied to beat Duke baseball in the first two games of their series this weekend, but the Blue Devils stole one back in game three.
- Hunter Knight was a bright spot for the Duke men's swimming team at the ACC Championships, where the Blue Devils finished seventh.
- Duke women's lacrosse built an early lead against Vanderbilt, saw it slip away, but recovered for a 15-12 win.
Get Overtime, all Duke athletics
Signup for our editorially curated, weekly newsletter. Cancel at any time.