Recruiting Roundup: Ojeleye wins state, Jabari beats Jahlil, Tyus Jones cuts list to seven

Duke basketball recruit Semi Ojeleye will be coming to Duke as a state champion.

Generic Script

After coming in second for the past three years, Ojeleye led Ottawa High School past Highland Park 54-45 for the 4a state tournament championship.

The 6-foot-6 wing, the No. 36 recruit in the class of 2013 according to ESPN, set a state tournament record with 104 points in three games. Ojeleye put up 27 points and 15 rebounds in the victory, 13 points below his season average of a whopping 40 points per game. Earlier this year, Ojeleye became the state of Kansas' all-time leading scorer.

Read: We spoke to Ojeleye's high school coach about the incoming recruit's game

Meanwhile, Duke recruit Jabari Parker—the No. 2 prospect in the nation—showed his foot injury from last summer is very much a thing of the past as he scored 29 points and grabbed 13 boards to lead No. 2 Simeon past No. 1 Whitney Young, which is led by 2014 Blue Devil target Jahlil Okafor.

Parker put on a show with a number of dunks, including a windmill slam to put Simeon up 62-42 en route to its 69-51 victory. He went 10-for-18 from the field as Simeon won its sectional championship.

Okafor, a bulky 6-foot-9 power forward and the No. 1 recruit in the class of 2014, scored 13 points and grabbed five boards.

Elsewhere, 2014 point guard Tyus Jones, the No. 2 recruit in the class of 2014, cut his list to seven schools: Baylor, Duke, Kansas, Kentucky, Michigan State, Minnesota and Ohio State. Jones, a Minnesota native, had previously narrowed his list to eight, with North Carolina getting cut to narrow the list.

Jones and Okafor are close friends and have stated they would like to play college ball together.

According to Ryan James of Gopher Illustrated, Duke basketball head coach Mike Krzyzewski was on hand to watch Jones practice Monday:

Share and discuss “Recruiting Roundup: Ojeleye wins state, Jabari beats Jahlil, Tyus Jones cuts list to seven” on social media.