Lining for 'Club Cameron' starting early vs. Virginia Tech

After head coach Mike Krzyzewski and forward Ryan Kelly heaped praise on the Cameron Crazies for their role in Saturday's 79-76 victory over then-No. 5 Miami, the Crazies got an early start in lining up for the senior day game tonight against Virginia Tech.

Generic Script

Although the Hokies (13-16, 4-12 in the ACC) aren't anywhere near the Hurricanes talent-wise, students still began lining up for the game days in advance. Unlike the Miami game, tents were not permitted in Krzyzewskiville for the Virginia Tech game. The lack of physical structures didn't deter seniors Emilie Franke and Sarek Shen, who started lining for the game at 11:00 pm Sunday night.

"We’re really excited for the senior game," Franke said. "We’re also really sad that it’s our last time. We’ve never been front and center before so we wanted to be [group] No. 1 for our last time.”

When Duke tips off at 7 p.m. Tuesday it will be the final time the team's four seniors take the floor at historic Cameron Indoor Stadium. While Kelly, Mason Plumlee and Seth Curry figure to see ample playing time, the real intrigue in this game may be what kind of role the final senior plays.

“If Todd [Zafirovski] plays at least 10 minutes I’ll be happy," Sarek said.

Share and discuss “Lining for 'Club Cameron' starting early vs. Virginia Tech” on social media.