Duke commit Jabari Parker wins fourth-straight state championship

Blue Devil commit Jabari Parker—the No. 2 overall player in the class of 2013—knows how to win.

And the Chicago prep basketball prodigy may be one of the most decorated basketball recruits to ever come to Durham.

Saturday night, Parker and his Simeon high school team made history by becoming just the second Illinois high school basketball program ever to win four consecutive state championships.

The Wolverines beat Stevenson 58-40 Saturday night in the finals.

Parker, a versatile 6-foot-9 small forward, finished with 20 points on 8-of-15 shooting and eight rebounds.

"I've had the distinct honor of coaching two of the best who ever played in Chicago," said Simeon coach Robert Smith, referring to Derrick Rose and Parker in an article by Michael O'Brien of the Chicago Sun Times. "Jabari's legacy speaks for itself."

Duke assistant head coach Jeff Capel was reportedly in attendance to witness Parker and Simeon make history.

Here is some more recent footage of Parker on his journey towards a fourth-straight state title:

Now that his Simeon career is over, Parker will play in the McDonald's All-American game, Jordan Brand Classic and the Nike Hoops Summit in the coming weeks before heading to Duke this summer.

Parker will also officially sign his letter of intent to play at Duke sometime in April.

Like Parker, 2013 Duke signee Semi Ojeleye and his Ottawa High School squad won the Kansas 4A state championship recently, as reported last week.

With the college basketball postseason underway, expect recruiting news to slow down these next few weeks, especially now that most high school basketball season have finished. Recruiting will heat up again in April when the AAU circuit kicks off and coaches are allowed to evaluate prospects.

Share and discuss “Duke commit Jabari Parker wins fourth-straight state championship” on social media.