Before Duke basketball hosts Boston College Sunday, it routed Virginia Tech 88-56, led by Seth Curry's five 3-pointers. The Blue Devils are often criticized for living and dying by the long ball, but threes sparked their life against the Hokies.
Here's the rest of what's going on in this busy weekend of Duke sports:
- Beginning its quest without injured star point guard Chelsea Gray, the No. 5 Duke women's basketball team will take on two ranked ACC foes: No. 19 Florida State and No. 8 Maryland. The Blue Devils are currently undefeated in ACC play.
- Duke lacrosse hits the road for the first time this season, taking on Penn.
- The women's lacrosse team will face its first tough test of the season against Maryland.
- The Blue Devil baseball squad will play its first home series with new head coach Chris Pollard, hosting Bucknell.
- The Duke fencing team will close out its regular season schedule against some familiar but tough foes at the Temple Duals.
- The women's tennis team, coming off an upset of then-No. 2 Florida, continues action this weekend against Princeton.
- Oh, and Brian Zoubek closed his cream puff shop Dream Puffz. Moment of silence...
Get The Chronicle straight to your inbox
Signup for our weekly newsletter. Cancel at any time.