Kentucky turning up the heat on 2014 point guard Tyus Jones?

With a No. 1 recruiting class seemingly locked up for 2013, it's time for Kentucky to start putting the full-court pressure on 2014 recruits. And it appears that Kentucky is getting more serious with 2014 point guard Tyus Jones. The 6-foot-1 Minnesota native is widely considered the top floor general in his class, and Wildcat head coach John Calipari made the trip north twice last week to watch Jones play.

Duke is considered to be one of the frontrunners to land Jones largely because he is the only point guard that head coach Mike Krzyzewski has aggressively courted in the class of 2013 and 2014. Jones was in Durham for Countdown to Craziness in October.

Aside from the Wildcats, Ohio State, Minnesota, North Carolina and Michigan State are perceived to be some of the biggest threats to the Blue Devil coaching staff in the race for Jones.

According to a tweet by On the Radar Hoops last week, the Blue Devil coaching staff has made contact with Ahmed Hill, a 6-foot-5 shooting guard. The Augusta, Georgia product is the No. 23 overall player and No. 4 shooting guard in 2014, according to ESPN. He already holds scholarship offers from a host of SEC and ACC schools, and he will likely see his recruitment garner even more attention in the coming months.

There is nothing new as of late in the recruitment Jabari Parker, the No. 2 player in the class of 2013 according to ESPN. Parker returned to the court last week for the first time since having foot surgery this summer. The Blue Devils do seem to be receiving more attention amongst fans and recruiting analysts as the favorite to land the versatile 6-foot-8 small forward from Chicago as his recruitment nears a close.

As reported last week, Karl Towns verbally committed to Kentucky over Duke, North Carolina, Florida and Rutgers, among many others. Towns—formerly the No. 1 player in the class of 2015—has also reclassified from the 2015 class to the 2014 class. He is now is the No. 3 overall player in the class of 2014, per ESPN.

Following Duke’s signees: Semi Ojeleye had a huge weekend while playing at the Topside Tipoff tournament in Goodland, Kan. The powerful 6-foot-7 small forward scored 58, 43 and 41 points, respectively, in three straight games to help Ottawa win the tournament. Ojeleye’s 58-point output was an Ottawa school record and 11 points shy of the Kansas-state single game scoring record.

Share and discuss “Kentucky turning up the heat on 2014 point guard Tyus Jones?” on social media.