Jabari Parker announces Thursday; Krzyzewski visits prospects

Jabari Parker's college decision: The highly anticipated college announcement of Jabari Parker—the 2nd ranked recruit in the country—will take place Thurs. afternoon at 4:30 pm EST at his high school, Simeon Career Academy.

The announcement will be broadcasted on ESPNU.

Parker, a dynamic 6-foot-8 small forward, will choose between Duke, Michigan State, Florida, BYU and Stanford.

The latest speculation amongst avid recruiting fans indicates it is a neck and neck race between the Spartans and the Blue Devils with the latter perhaps being the slight favorite heading into Thurs.

Coach K travels all over the country recruiting: With final exams consuming all of last week for the team and no games on the schedule, Duke basketball head coach Mike Krzyzewski and his staff hit the road recruiting.

The Blue Devil coaches visited class of 2013 signee Semi Ojeleye in Ottawa, Kan. for the first time since he has signed his letter of intent.

As reported last week, Krzyzewski was in Texas last Thursday night to watch Parker as he faced 2013 Duke signee Matt Jones. Jones, a 6-foot-4 sharpshooter, put on quite a show, scoring a game-high 23 points to help his high school team, DeSoto (DeSoto, Tex.) upset then No. 1 ranked Simeon.

Gavin Schilling—a 6-foot-9 power forward from Findlay Prep (Nev.)—was the only other player in the class of 2013 that the coaching staff saw last week. Schilling is a relatively new name on the Duke recruiting radar and interest appears to be at a modest level on both sides for the time being.

Schilling is rated as the No. 15 center in the class, according to ESPN. Duke, which will lose big men Ryan Kelly and Mason Plumlee after this season, could use some help in the post next season, especially if it misses out on Parker this week. So, this recruitment will be one to follow in the coming months.

As for recruits in the class of 2014, Krzyzewski and his assistants saw wing Theo Pinson, point guard Tyus Jones and center Jahlil Okafor last week also. All three are ranked in the top 10 overall for the class 2014, per ESPN.

The five-star trio of juniors visited Duke together a couple months ago for Countdown to Craziness.

Duke is widely considered to be in a solid position for all three at this point.

Share and discuss “Jabari Parker announces Thursday; Krzyzewski visits prospects” on social media.