Wixted wins at Taishoff for Duke swimming

The Blue Devils competed against N.C. State and Miami at Taishoff Aquatic Pavilion Saturday. The Duke men’s and women’s team notched 11 first place finishes in one relay and 10 individual events. The Duke women beat the Hurricanes while losing to the Wolfpack and the men lost to both opponents.

Junior Christine Wixted remains undefeated in the 100 and 200-yard breaststroke, besting her personal record in the 100 with a time of 1:02.02 and recording a season-best time of 2:16.50 for the 200. Junior Hunter Knight also won both of the breaststroke titles with a season-best of 55.92 in the 100.

Fellow junior Steven Gaspirini also added two first-place finishes, setting a personal record by breaking 50 seconds for a 49.88 time in the 100 backstroke and winning the 200 individual medley. This was his first win in the ACC since joining the Blue Devils last year.

Other first place finishers include junior Lauren Weaver, who recorded a time of 23.24 to claim the 50 freestyle, and the men’s 400 freestyle team of freshman Romain Decrop, sophomore Michael Donnalley, freshman Sam Skinner and senior Adam Flur, who finished with a time of 3:05.94.

In diving, senior Jordan Long followed his successful meet last weekend with a first-place finish in the 3-meter competition, earning a score of 362.95.

After this meet, the women are 2-3 overall and 1-2 in the ACC, while the men are 1-3 overall and 0-3 in the conference.

Share and discuss “Wixted wins at Taishoff for Duke swimming” on social media.