The Duke women's soccer team advanced to the second round of the NCAA Tournament Saturday with a 6-0 rout of Loyola Maryland. Kaitlyn Kerr led the charge with a hat trick.
Make sure to read that article in these other ones in Sportswrap, The Chronicle's weekly sports supplement that comes out every Monday:
- The Duke basketball team won its season opener 74-55 against Georgia State, overcoming their opponents' unconventional defensive tactics.
- Still, after the win, Duke's rotation remains a work in progress.
- The Duke men's cross country chased down an at-large bid to the NCAA Championships.
- The women, meanwhile, automatically qualified.
- The Duke volleyball team couldn't finish its comeback in their final home game of the year.
- Hannah Mar was bounced by the eventual runner up in the USTA/ITA National Indoor Championship in the round of eight.
- A third-place finish by Conner Hartmann paced the Duke wrestling team at the Michigan State Open.
Get The Chronicle straight to your inbox
Signup for our weekly newsletter. Cancel at any time.