Ojeleye and Jones make it official for Duke basketball

Wednesday, Duke baskebtall announced that class of 2013 recruits Semi Ojeleye and Matt Jones have officially signed their letters of intent to play for head coach Mike Krzyzewski next season.

Generic Script

"We are excited about the aditions of Matt [Jones] and Semi [Ojeleye]," Krzyzewski said in a statement released by the team. "Both of them are very good shooters and skilled players that will fit into the Duke system and culture very well. They have bright futures in our program, and we look forward to watching them develop on and off the court."

A 6-foot-4 shooting guard from DeSoto, Tex., Jones is a sharpshooter on the permitter, who is ranked as the No. 8 shooting guard in the class of 2013, according to ESPN.

Ranked as the No. 10 small forward in 2013 by ESPN Ojeleye is a powerful 6-foot-6 wing with a versatile skill set.

Focusing on the more distant future, the Duke coaching staff hosted 2014 wing Theo Pinson for an unofficial visit last Sunday as the Blue Devils faced Florida Gulf Coast. Hailing from nearby High Point, N.C., Pinson—the No. 6 overall player in 2014, according to ESPN.com—also visited campus for Countdown to Craziness in October.

Also looking down the road, Karl Towns is expected to announce his college decision Dec. 4. The top recruit in the class of 2015, the 6-foot-11 big man has been rumored to be considering a reclassification to 2014.

Kentucky has widely been considered the favorites for Towns, with Wildcat head coach John Calipari coaching Towns on the Dominican Republic national team during the summer, but the Blue Devils are still in the hunt, according to Adam Zagoria of ZagsBlog.

Zagoria, having spoken with Towns, his mother and AAU coach, writes that he has a strong relationship with Krzyzewski. Towns visited Duke in October for Countdown to Craziness.

Share and discuss “Ojeleye and Jones make it official for Duke basketball” on social media.