Quin Snyder takes his talents to Russia

Since joining Duke in 1985, Quin Snyder has been a fixture in basketball circles stateside. On June 9, it was reported that his next step in basketball will be taking an assistant coaching job with Euroleague powerhouse CSKA Moscow.

Snyder played four seasons with the Blue Devils, starting 34 of 35 games his junior season and starting all 36 his senior year, when he was the captain. The point guard averaged 6.2 points and 4.2 assists per game over his Duke career. The Blue Devils made the Final Four three times (1986, 1988, 1989) in Snyder's four years.

Snyder's coaching career got off the ground when he joined Mike Krzyzewski's staff in 1995. After the 1999 season, Snyder parlayed his assistant coaching gig into the head coaching job at the University of Missouri, where he lead the Tigers to an Elite Eight appearance in 2002. In addition to his college coaching resume, Snyder coached the Austin Toros of the NBA D-League, was an assistant with the Philadelphia 76ers, and most recently, an assistant with the Los Angeles Lakers.

Before accepting his new job with CSKA Moscow, Snyder was a finalist for the Charlotte Bobcats head coaching job that eventually went to Mike Dunlap, and was under consideration for the Orlando Magic head coaching job.

Share and discuss “Quin Snyder takes his talents to Russia” on social media.