Duke adds Hood to its 2012-13 roster

As The Blue Zone wrote over the weekend, according to reports Mississippi State transfer Rodney Hood will relocate to Durham for the remainder of his college career. The 6-foot-8 Mississippi native, who will be forced to sit out the 2012-13 season, is set to arrive on Duke’s campus this week, joining freshmen Rasheed Sulaimon and Amile Jefferson as the team's newcomers.

In news regarding other potential future Blue Devils...

On Sunday, the U.S. U-17 team continued its tear in the FIBA World Championships in Kaunas, Lithuania, defeating Egypt 111-73.

After missing the first two games due to injury, the No. 1 player in the class of 2013 and Duke target, Jabari Parker, led the way for the U.S. with 18 points via an efficient 8-of-10 shooting from the field.

2014 Blue Devil prospects Jahlil Okafor, Tyus Jones and Justise Winslow combined for 24 points.

The U.S. is now 3-0 in group play and will play France and China on July 3 and 4, respectively. The medal round is slated to begin July 6 with the gold medal game taking place on July 8.

It appears that the Blue Devil coaching staff will not end up offering 2013 point guard Anthony Barber a scholarship. According to Dave Johnson of the Hampton Daily Press, the 6-foot-2 speedy floor general, who was tracked closely by Duke this spring, will narrow his recruiting focus to two schools—Alabama and Kansas. Barber told The Chronicle at this year's NBPA Top 100 Camp that Alabama and Kansas have recruited him most aggressively, while Kentucky would also join the fold should they offer him a scholarship.

The move by Duke to not offer Barber does not come as a suprise given the coaching staff's persistent courtship of 2014 point guard Tyus Jones.

The next four weekends promise to be some of the busiest of the year on the AAU circuit for players and for college coaches, who will be out evaulating propsects. Head coach Mike Krzyzewski, however, will be on the road with the USA men's national basketball team beginning July 4.

With Krzyzewski and assistants Chris Collins and Steve Wojciechowski all involved with Team USA, Jeff Capel and Nate James will lead the summer recruiting efforts.

The Chronicle will continue to provide weekly rundowns on all the latest happenings with Duke recruits.

Follow @BradyBuck on Twitter.

Share and discuss “Duke adds Hood to its 2012-13 roster” on social media.