Rodney Hood to announce this week

Before departing for the Olympic training camp in Las Vegas next week, Duke head coach Mike Krzyzewski should find out if Mississippi State transfer Rodney Hood will be joining the Blue Devils this fall.

Hood recently indicated to scout.com that he hopes to announce his decision this Wednesday or Thursday. The 6-foot-7 swingman is down to Ohio State and Duke.

This past weekend, Hood participated in the Kevin Durant Skills Academy.

Duke target and North Carolina native Allerik Freeman, a 6-foot-4 combo guard, plans officially visit each of his final five schools-- Duke, Kansas, UCLA, Villanova and Ohio State. Freeman, the No. 9 shooting guard in the class of 2013, will play his final season of high school basketball at national power Findlay Prep in Henderson, Nev.

The move out west has led some fans to believe that UCLA and Kansas might be the leaders in Freeman's recruitment.

Despite having a firm list of five schools, Freeman has not indicated his timetable for a decision.

Jabari Parker, the top ranked player in the class of 2013, suffered a minor hairline fracture and has not played with the U-17 national team yet. His teammate on both the national team and his Mac Irvin Fire AAU team, Jahlil Okafor, a 2014 Duke target, exploded for 26 points and 15 rebounds in a win over Latvia.

Fellow 2014 Blue Devil prospects Justise Winslow and Tyus Jones chipped in with 11 points and 13 rebounds and the latter dished out 10 assists.

The U-17 national team will take on Australia today. Parker is not expected to play.

The next recruiting evaluation period will take place July 6-10. With Krzyzewski and assistants Steve Wojociechowski and Chris Collins busy with the U.S. Olympic team, assistants Jeff Capel and Nate James will be on the road much of July evaluating and recruiting for Duke.

Share and discuss “Rodney Hood to announce this week” on social media.