Duke targets to play in NBPA Top 100 Camp this weekend

This weekend, many of the nation's top prep basketball players will take a break from playing with their respective AAU teams to participate in the National Basketball Players Association Top 100 Camp. Slated to begin Wednesday morning in Charlottesville, Va., the event features some of the best players in the classes of 2013 and 2014. Players will be divided into teams and compete in tournament, giving scouts and media the unique oppurtunity of seeing the best players go head to head over the span of four days.

Blue Devil targets in the class of 2013 expected to participate include Anthony Barber, Beejay Anya, Allerik Freeman, Jabari Parker, Marcus Lee, Austin Nichols, Semi Ojeleye and Ishmail Wainright. Of those mentioned, Barber and Anya are the only players who do not hold scholarship offers from the Blue Devil coaching staff.

After the event, Parker, the consesus top player in the class of 2013, will head to Colo. Springs to play for United States 17U team.

As reported last week, the Duke coaching staff will also host Mississippi State transfer Rodney Hood for a visit this Thursday and Friday.

In other news: The class of 2013 added another elite guard when Wayne Selden announced last week that he will reclassify from the class of 2014 to the class of 2013. Selden is a dynamic shooting guard with a college ready body, elite athleticism and terrific slashing ability. Duke has shown moderate interest in the Tilton, New Hampshire native, however, Selden only lists Florida, UCLA, Harvard, Kansas, Ohio State, Kentucky and UConn as potential suitors at this point.

Follow @BradyBuck on Twitter.

Share and discuss “Duke targets to play in NBPA Top 100 Camp this weekend” on social media.