Jabari Parker and Julius Randle duel in Oakland

In the fourth and final regular session of the Nike EYBL, Jabari Parker and Julius Randle, who are the top two players in the class of 2013 and two of Duke's top targets, went head to head for the first time this year in one of the most highly anticipated matchups of the summer. Randle finished with 23 points to lead the Texas Titans to a big victory over Parker and the Mac Irvin Fire. Blue Devil commit Matt Jones was equally stellar for the Texas Titans, netting 19 points on 4-of-6 shooting from 3-point range. Jahlil Okafor, a 2014 Duke prospect, chipped in with 12 points and 16 rebounds for the Mac Irvin Fire.

The Nike EYBL will conclude in mid July at the Peach Jam, which will be tournament play for the qualifying teams.

2013 shooting guard Robert Hubbs, who recently picked up a scholarship offer from Duke, reportedly had a very strong showing with his Memphis-based AAU team, M33M, at the Best Buy Classic in Chicago over the weekend. Hubbs promises to be one of the fastest risers in the class of 2013 rankings. And in all likelihood, Hubbs will continue to garner more interest and scholarship offers from some of the nation’s top basketball programs.

Duke head coach Mike Krzyzewski and his staff will host their first recruit of the summer this weekend when Semi Ojeleye makes the trek from Ottawa, Kansas to Durham for an unofficial visit. Ojeleye’s visit will coincide with the K Academy fantasy camp, which will bring numerous former players back to campus. While visiting, Ojeleye will likely have an opportunity to play pick up games with some of the current and former Duke players also.

North Carolina native Allerik Freeman will play at Findlay Prep in Nevada for his final season of high school basketball. Duke offered Freeman a scholarship a few weeks ago, but has not played particularly well as of late on the AAU circuit. The move out west seemingly would hurt Duke's chances to land him and help UCLA's and Kansas', who are two other schools the 6-foot-4 guard is also strongly considering.

With May coming to a close, look for the Duke coaching staff try and secure unofficial visits from prospects in June before Krzyzewski and assistant coaches Steve Wojciechowski and Chris Collins begin their duties with Team USA basketball in July.

Analysis: Duke will likely offer Ojeleye a scholarship this week, if they have not already done so.

It's very apparent that Krzyzewski and his staff do not want to be thin at the wing position in years to come, hence the number of scholarship offers out to wing-type players-- Parker, Hubbs, Jones(committed), Freeman, Ishmail Wainright and potentially Ojeleye. Furthermore, it appears Duke is looking for a big, 4-5 man recruiting class in 2013.

Share and discuss “Jabari Parker and Julius Randle duel in Oakland” on social media.