SPORTS  |  GOLF

Suri, Paolini lead Duke at ACC championship

The Blue Devils will look to get over their recent runner-up performances at this weekend’s ACC championship. No. 15 Duke has finished in second place in five of its last six tournaments and currently ranks second in the ACC. No. 11 Georgia Tech will travel to New London, N.C. as the favorite, seeking its fourth straight conference title and 14th overall. The championship will be held at the par-72, 7,102-yard Old North State Club at Uwharrie Point.

The Blue Devil lineup for the weekend will consist of Julian Suri, Brinson Paolini, Spencer Anderson, Austin Cody and Adam Sumrall. Suri’s sroke average of 70.6 is the best in the ACC—and the lowest in Duke history. He has not only claimed two tournament titles this season, but also five top-five and seven top-10 finishes.

Junior Brinson Paolini is tied for 10th in the conference with a 72.3 stroke average, but he has played his best golf recently, recording his first individual college championship at the River Landing Intercollegiate in the Blue Devils’ last tournament.

Duke will begin its pursuit of a seventh ACC championship at 9:10 a.m. Friday morning when they tee off with Maryland and No. 19 Virginia.

Share and discuss “Suri, Paolini lead Duke at ACC championship” on social media.