Mi Gente endorses Salah for vice president of equity and outreach

Mi Gente, Duke University’s Latino student association, is excited to announce the endorsement of Ayan Salah for Duke Student Government vice president of equity and outreach for the upcoming elections on Monday.

The equity and outreach committee was newly created, and its corresponding vice presidential position needs an energetic, idealistic and forward-looking candidate. We believe Salah has the ideas, experiences and campus involvement needed for the position. As a senator for student life, Salah has already begun working for equal opportunity throughout the campus. Salah has been working diligently with Assistant Dean Terry Lynch to make Central Campus a more convenient location. As a result of her work, two new study rooms will be constructed on Central Campus.

Salah also demonstrated great passion towards making Duke’s campus and its many opportunities accessible to all its students. Salah hopes to make more buildings on campus accessible to students with disabilities—a goal that the University has failed to accomplish. Salah also advocates for equal opportunity for financial aid students by working with the Career Center to gather funding for students on financial aid to receive aid for expenses during the job interview process.

We endorse Salah for we believe she will continue to work for equity and equal opportunities for all students on this campus.

Fernando Revelo La Rotta, Trinity ’13

Co-President, Mi Gente

Share and discuss “Mi Gente endorses Salah for vice president of equity and outreach” on social media.