Duke-North Carolina "Kings of Tobacco Road" exhibition confirmed

Correction: According to his personal Twitter account, Jay Williams will not coach the Duke team at the Kings of Tobacco Road game, as an earlier version of this article stated. The Chronicle regrets the error.

The Chronicle confirmed Monday that the rumored Kings of Tobacco Road game between basketball alumni of Duke and North Carolina will take place Nov. 17 at 8:30 p.m. Rob Blair, founder and CEO of Bleid Sports, one of the event's presenting sponsors, told The Chronicle that an agreement is in place to host the game at McDougald Gym at N.C. Central, but no official contract has been signed by the two parties.

Blair also confirmed that the Duke roster will feature a who's who of former Blue Devils, including Kyrie Irving, Nolan Smith, Corey Maggette, Chris Duhon, Elton Brand, Gerald Henderson and J.J. Redick. The North Carolina team includes Jerry Stackhouse, Rasheed Wallace, Brendan Haywood, Antawn Jamison, Vince Carter, Raymond Felton and Donald and Shammond Williams, Blair confirmed.

Blair also said that he is in talks with other former players with both schools to participate.

The event will be co-hosted by Bleid Sports, a tournament organizer founded in 2010, and S.J.G. Greater N.C. Sports, Inc., an organization co-founded by North Carolina great Jerry Stackhouse to organize summer pro-am leagues in which members of both the Blue Devil men's and women's basketball teams have participated. The two sponsors will also host Clash in Cameron, a Dec. 17 showcase of high-school teams in Cameron Indoor Stadium.

Share and discuss “Duke-North Carolina "Kings of Tobacco Road" exhibition confirmed” on social media.