Cobb recognized for outstanding week

Women’s soccer star Kelly Cobb can now add two more awards to her list of accolades. The freshman was named the Soccer America National Player of the Week and a CollegeSoccer360.com Performer of the Week.

Cobb, who also was named the TopDrawerSoccer.com National Player of the Week, has been one of the big reasons for the Blue Devils (7-1) hot start this season. The Alaskan native scored two goals and dished out four assists in the Duke/Nike Classic over the weekend.

Cobb made sure that Texas A&M remembered her name Friday, recording a program freshman single-game record seven points. The Aggies could not contain the freshman forward, who scored the Blue Devils' first and fifth goals and added three assists, including one to Mollie Pathman which put the Blue Devils up 3-2. Duke would lead the rest of the game, and tacked on four more goals to blowout Texas A&M 7-2..

Cobb’s final assist of the weekend came against UNC-Greensboro Sunday. Erin Koballa notched her first-ever goal on the pass and the Blue Devils won by a score of 2-0.

Cobb’s weekend numbers brought her season totals to five goals and four assists, where she ranks sixth in both categories in the ACC. Her 14 points lead the team.

Duke closes out its nonconference schedule Thursday against College of Charleston at 7 p.m.

Share and discuss “Cobb recognized for outstanding week” on social media.